Facility HVAC Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- HVAC and Mechanical operations and maintenance of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, exhaust, and mechanical systems supporting cleanroom and office operations, preventive maintenance and inventory control.
- Operation and maintenance of boilers, chillers, compressors, pumps, air handling units, etc.
- Monitoring and responding to all facility reporting alarms & controls.
- Understanding all related disciplines such as process, waste and water treatment, building automation, etc.
Minimum Requirements for HVAC Technician
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification AND a technical trade degree with five (5) years of related mechanical work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Mechanical/HVAC experience in a facility operations or construction environment.
- Must have ability to pass a physical exam and respirator fit test.
- Good communications skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer maintenance management programs are also required.
- Experience with the installation and operation of integrated Building Management Systems (IFix, Siemens, Honeywell) and PLC's.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Pay rate: $26-34.62 per hour
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.