People who believe in living our values, Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Innovation, Excellence, Long-term Perspective, and Accountability will have an opportunity to thrive and grow their careers in Graymont.
Graymont’s Superior, Wisconsin plant has an opening for a plant laborer! Starting hourly wage is $28.68. Successful candidates will possess a strong safety attitude, strong teamwork and cooperation, mechanical aptitude, and ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Our products are essential in addressing today’s most pressing environmental issues while supporting vital industrial processes and agricultural needs. Uses for our products include the purification of air and water, and the production of items essential to a modern economy such as steel, paper, and metals. Graymont serves markets throughout North America and Asia-Pacific. Graymont is also the strategic partner of Mexican-based Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Latin America.
Graymont employees receive competitive compensation and benefits that include 401k, healthcare benefits with low monthly premiums for medical, dental, vision and prescriptions, EAP program, short- and long-term disability.
This job entails working closely with other plant personnel to safely produce lime and transfer product to our customers. Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of industrial experience
- The ability to communicate fluently to convey, exchange, and understand questions, ideas and instructions in both verbal and written form
- Possess computer skills sufficient to input maintenance work requests, operate digital load out scales and the ability to learn and understand the operation of other plant control systems
- Able to access and work in ALL areas of plant which include heights up to 125’ above ground level, and confined spaces
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or moving of 60 pounds minimum
- Work in adverse outdoor weather conditions
- Tolerate intermittent exposure to temperature extremes, dust, noise, and vibration
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions, and respond accordingly
- Ability to safely operate front-end loader, skid-steer loader, and forklift
- Ability and willingness to be cross-trained in other job functions