Field Service Technician
The FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN works as part of a team installing & servicing commercial overhead doors & other loading dock equipment at customer sites within a multi state geographic region. The Syracuse-based Field Service Tech will work in the New England region as well as locally performing service & maintenance work at local customer sites. Field Service Techs serve as a technical resource for our customers and our sales team. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys travel, working with people, excelling at meeting customer expectations and who can work successfully with minimal supervision.
DL Manufacturing is a successful, expanding organization. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Field Service team. We offer competitive pay, a generous per diem and a comprehensive benefits package.
DL MANUFACTURING is the industry leader in inventing, designing and building unique, patented loading dock products for Fortune 500 companies that upgrade safety and productivity. We use gifted people from Engineering, Production, Sales, FIELD SERVICE, every department in the organization to help lead the way in meeting these goals. If you are looking for more than just a job, if you are looking to be part of a skilled and committed team and make a difference at work, this is the place to be.
The FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN will:
- Professionally install DL Manufacturing overhead doors and other products at customer sites.
- Conduct maintenance, troubleshooting and service calls at customer locations.
- Conduct product inspection in the field.
- Work with clients throughout the installation process in order to meet client’s performance expectations and train customer employees on operation and maintenance of the product.
1-3 years of field service, installation or light duty construction experience.
- 2-4 years light duty construction/installation experience.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to drive fork lift / Scissor lift.
- Ability to lift 80 lbs and use heavy tools.
- Strong organizational & problem-solving skills.
- High energy, organized & self motivated. Able to work well independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Previous welding & light metal fabrication experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Pay: $25/hr Field Service Tech, $30/hr Lead Field Service Tech
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance