Reports To: Electronics Supervisor
Summary: Work directly with Electronics Supervisor to assure smooth operation of District facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Install, maintain, and repair supervisory control and data acquisition equipment (SCADA).
- Repairs mobile radios and base station radios.
- Install, repair, and calibrate microwave radio equipment.
- Install, repair and calibrate flow, level and pressure metering equipment.
- Maintain underground communication network.
- Install, repair and maintain District personal computers.
- Adhere to the District’s Safety Program.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe and organized manner and that the District’s facilities are maintained in an operational and orderly manner.
- Follows appropriate policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Maintains accurate records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Overall understanding of the District’s operations including local, state and federal laws, regulations and policies governing the District including the Mission of CRMWD and water supply contracts and agreements relating to flow measurements.
Coordination and Communication:
Activities of the District require continual communication and coordination. Communication and coordination may include managers, employees, customers, landowners, consultants, vendors and the general public. If unusual or emergency situations arise, the appropriate person(s) should be notified as soon as possible.
Education, Training and Experience:
Associates Degree in electronics preferred. High School Diploma or acceptable GED equivalency required with proper training. Two to six years experience in electronics work preferred. Working knowledge of personal computers required.
Certification or License:
Valid Texas Drivers License - Class “C” required.
Personal computers, electronic test equipment, pickup and hand tools.
Physical / Mental Demands:
Requires sight, hearing, speech, hands, and feet in repair equipment and manipulation of tools. Physically demanding job requiring the ability to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly. Must be able to read, write, and reason at a level that electronic diagrams may be understood and followed. Requires physical ability to be “on-call” for
response in emergency and/or critical periods. May require working extra hours in emergencies. May require outside work in all types of weather including heat, cold, and inclement, stormy conditions. May require physical exertion in emergency or extremely busy situations. Requires some travel with overnight stays.
Please click APPLY