Pay: $24.06/hr., not negotiable
Cemex is hiring for Laborers in Longmont, Co.
We offer a competitive benefits package and a comprehensive wellness program to help keep our employees and their families healthy and well. SEE BENEFITS FURTHER DOWN IN POSTING
Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit our website by clicking the link in this posting.
To work under supervision to perform a variety of strenuous unskilled and semi-skilled tasks.
Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; this is NOT seasonal position
- Must be able to work at heights of 5 ½ stories & up and work in confined spaces.
- Digging, excavating, trenching, and backfilling
- Keeping facility clean and organized
- Building forms and stripping forms
- Performing or assisting with minor maintenance and repairs
- Assist in performance of clean-up prior and after maintenance work
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Be able to read, write, and speak English
- High school preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bilingual a plus
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screen
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera
CEMEX cares about the health and well-being of our people and their families. We offer competitive benefits and resources to help our employees plan for their current and future needs. These include Health & Well-being benefits such medical, dental, and vision. Financial Benefits such as 401(k) savings and life Insurance. We also offer other Benefits such as employee assistance program, time off, and discount programs.
Eligibility and Effective Dates of Coverage
You are eligible if you are a Full-time employee who has satisfied the waiting period:
- Salaried and Hourly non-bargaining employees are eligible on the first of the month following or coinciding with your date of hire.
CEMEX offers a variety of medical plans. Some are based on where you live.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
TELADOC (Aetna and BlueCross members only)
CEMEX offers tools and resources to help you achieve your wellness goals at no cost to you. Whether you prefer the support of a coach or want to use online resources, CEMEX provides you a variety of programs to help you work on achieving health goals.
Programs offered include:
- Weight Management
- Quitting Tobacco
- Back Care
Savings Plan 401(k) Plan
To help you invest for your future, CEMEX offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan. CEMEX offers a competitive company match to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Life and Disability
Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
CEMEX offers Paid Holidays and a Floating Holiday.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
CEMEX offers PTO for eligible employees.
Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave*
Up to 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Leave for birth mothers and up to 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave for eligible parents working for CEMEX.
Paid Family Care Leave*
Up to 5 paid days to care for immediate family member with serious health conditions to all eligible employees.
** Paid Pregnancy, Parental and Family Care Leave is available to non-union employees only.
Career Milestones Program
CEMEX has a years of services awards program. Employees who achieve service years of 5,10,15 etc. will be acknowledged and receive a certificate and pin. For employees who reach a service year in increments of 10 (i.e. 10, 20, 30) have the opportunity to select a gift as a part of their accomplishment.
In order to develop agile leaders and promote a learning culture, CEMEX provides comprehensive professional development opportunities, including E-learning, Sales Training, Health and Safety Training, Front-line Manager Training, Leadership and Executive Management Training.
University of Phoenix Partnership
CEMEX and the University of Phoenix partnered to encourage employees to continue their educational, professional and personal lives through higher education. Partnership benefits include:
- 10% reduction on degree tuition, single course, certifications, professional development
- Some waived Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fees
- No cost evaluation of in-house and third party training
- Direct billing
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Beneplace - Discount Program
Beneplace offers national discounts, specialized services and money-saving offers from many leading retailers.
*Also hiring Electrician: $39.51/hr. (not-negotiable)
TO APPLY: Use the link in this posting to go to the Cemex Careers Page where you can complete the application process and upload your resume for consideration. Apply for a Laborer job in Longmont, CO.