Pay: $39.51/hr. not negotiable
3 years of plant experience or 5 years of electrical maintenance experience perferred
We offer a competitive benefits package and a comprehensive wellness program to help keep our employees and their families healthy and well. SEE BENEFITS FURTHER DOWN IN POSTING
CEMEX USA is a dynamic organization that provides outstanding development opportunities for employees, because we recognize that our people are our greatest asset. CEMEX in the US employs approximately 8,500 people working in more than 25 states. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our employees.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED:
Wiring and diagrams, drawings, electrical and electronic tools to include a digital multi-meter, gauges, calibrating and testing equipment, hand tools, drill press, grinder, bench lathe, P.L.C.’s, electric power drill, pipe cutters, power hack saw, pipe threading machine, wire stripper, shovel, broom, acetylene torch, soldering iron, forklift, safety devices, personal computer, precision instruments, jib hoist, control boards, burning equipment etc.
DUTIES: Including but not limited to
- Inspects, repairs, replace, install, adjust, and maintain all electrical equipment, gauges, and instruments.
- Works from blueprints and sketches as necessary.
- Troubleshoots electrical and instrumentation problems
- Power distribution up to 4160.
- Inspects mill equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles all electrical and instrument equipment.
- Works closely with the Maintenance and Shipping department employees
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Power distribution experience or understanding.
- Programmable logic control and digital drive experience.
- 3 years of plant experience or 5 years of electrical maintenance experience preferred, or an associate’s degree or equivalent in electrical maintenance or electronics if hired from the outside.
- Ability to read sketches and blueprints.
- Ability to climb, lift and carry weight up 50 pounds, and crawl as needed. Perform all the essential job functions.
- Must be able to work at heights of 5 ½ stories or more
CEMEX cares about the health and well-being of our people and their families. We offer competitive benefits and resources to help our employees plan for their current and future needs. These include Health & Well-being benefits such medical, dental, and vision. Financial Benefits such as 401(k) savings and life Insurance. We also offer other Benefits such as employee assistance program, time off, and discount programs.
Eligibility and Effective Dates of Coverage
You are eligible if you are a Full-time employee who has satisfied the waiting period:
- Salaried and Hourly non-bargaining employees are eligible on the first of the month following or coinciding with your date of hire.
CEMEX offers a variety of medical plans. Some are based on where you live.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
TELADOC (Aetna and BlueCross members only)
CEMEX offers tools and resources to help you achieve your wellness goals at no cost to you. Whether you prefer the support of a coach or want to use online resources, CEMEX provides you a variety of programs to help you work on achieving health goals.
Programs offered include:
- Weight Management
- Quitting Tobacco
- Back Care
Savings Plan 401(k) Plan
To help you invest for your future, CEMEX offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan. CEMEX offers a competitive company match to help you achieve your retirement goals.
Life and Disability
Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
CEMEX offers Paid Holidays and a Floating Holiday.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
CEMEX offers PTO for eligible employees.
Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave*
Up to 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Leave for birth mothers and up to 2 weeks of paid Parental Leave for eligible parents working for CEMEX.
Paid Family Care Leave*
Up to 5 paid days to care for immediate family member with serious health conditions to all eligible employees.
** Paid Pregnancy, Parental and Family Care Leave is available to non-union employees only.
Career Milestones Program
CEMEX has a years of services awards program. Employees who achieve service years of 5,10,15 etc. will be acknowledged and receive a certificate and pin. For employees who reach a service year in increments of 10 (i.e. 10, 20, 30) have the opportunity to select a gift as a part of their accomplishment.
In order to develop agile leaders and promote a learning culture, CEMEX provides comprehensive professional development opportunities, including E-learning, Sales Training, Health and Safety Training, Front-line Manager Training, Leadership and Executive Management Training.
University of Phoenix Partnership
CEMEX and the University of Phoenix partnered to encourage employees to continue their educational, professional and personal lives through higher education. Partnership benefits include:
- 10% reduction on degree tuition, single course, certifications, professional development
- Some waived Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) fees
- No cost evaluation of in-house and third party training
- Direct billing
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Beneplace - Discount Program
Beneplace offers national discounts, specialized services and money-saving offers from many leading retailers.
*Also seeking experienced Industrial General Maintenance (Maintenance General B) at $30.24/hr. not negotiable.