Sr Specialist, Risk Management and Compliance
At Ajinomoto, we are making significant advances in food and health with new ideas and innovative fermentation technologies. We are seeking candidates with energy and enthusiasm to be a part of our growing team!
The position is responsible for supporting a positive quality improvement culture, upheld by effective quality/food safety compliance and risk management frameworks. Under minimal supervision, the position holder ensures that a quality & food safety management system remains compliant with relevant standards and regulations. Quality & food safety risks will be identified and addressed by the appointee through assessment, control, communication, and analysis.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Diploma/Degree in food safety/quality related field or 7+ years’ experience in food safety/quality related work or 4+ years' FDA specific experience
- Certified training preferred: Lead Auditor, PCHF, HACCP & Food Defense
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills.
- Excellent networking skills and professional communication.
- Ability to transfer compliance knowledge to practical applications.
- Ability to lead and support quality activities.
- Applies critical thinking to daily tasks.
- Strong knowledge of FDA food and feed GMP’s.
- Knowledge of FDA pharmaceutical GMP’s.
- Ability to effectively work and influence others.
- Committed to delivering business impactful solutions.
- Strong practical risk assessment and management skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- A strong team player with the ability to maintain a level of flexibility to support the broader team.
- Passionate about delivering consistent, high-quality products to our consumers and customers that are safe and fully comply with all relevant regulations.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
Fast paced bio-chemical/chemical manufacturing environment working inside and outside. This position may perform activities in an environment that contains hazardous elements and requires safety awareness and adherence to all safety policies and guidelines. Work must be performed in a safe manner for personal protection and for the protection of other team members. All safety procedures, procedures described in SOPs, JHAs, and support the compliance of applicable ISO standards in all functional areas must be followed, enforced, and strictly complied with.
Sitting or standing, repetitive use of hands and arms, and eye/hand coordination for 6+ hours a day. Walking required, usually < 1-2 hours a day. The position may require lifting, up to 50 lbs., on occasion. Occasional bending, reaching overhead, crouching, balancing, pushing, or pulling. Position holder may be required to drive. Some travel required, < 10%.
Training & Development
- Seeks continuous self-improvement through education and experience.
- Full understanding of the Quality & Food Safety Management System to assist in training others.
Food Safety/Quality Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure regulatory, customer and quality standard compliance for existing and new processes and product applications.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining quality and food safety system documentation.
- Responsible for quality & food safety risk management (HACCP, TACCP, VACCP, etc.).
- Member of the Food Safety & HACCP Team.
- Lead and assist internal audits.
- Assist external audits (customer, regulatory, Kosher, Halal etc.).
- Attend quality meetings and provide relevant updates.
- General Responsibilities
- Resolve problems and set deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for department and provide quarterly feedback.
- Work with corporate quality and regulatory members.
- Coach and train team members to improve work related skills.
- Prepare reports to monitor and manage departmental objectives.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Seek out and implement improvement ideas with regards to quality management system.
- Adherence to all company quality, safety, and environmental policies and takes immediate corrective action when an issue arises.
- Any other duties and/or training as assigned by the Department Manager.
Continuous Improvement & Collaboration
- Actively collaborate with other departments within the company to accomplish tasks/goals.
- Continually strive for increasing processing efficiencies.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Employment with Ajinomoto is considered at will, meaning that either party may terminate this employment relationship at any time with or without cause or notice and this job description should not be construed as an employment contract.
Ajinomoto provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.