CDL A Driver
Drivers earn on average $92000 a year!
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don’t often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life’s necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Weekly Pay (Additional pay for store deliveries, sleeper berths, backhauls, road closures, training)
- Driver incentive program to boost income
- Paid Time Off Programs (incl. vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay). Newly hired full-time employees will receive a one-time pro-rated allocation of up to 24 hours of vacation in their first calendar year depending on the month of hire. Paid sick time in accordance with applicable state law. You will receive up to 9 holidays per year, depending on the month of hire.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability – up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents.
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Driver Recognition Program
- Company-paid HazMat Certification and DOT physicals
- Employer sponsored uniform program
- Long-term Career Opportunities: Many of our leaders started with Ace looking for a job, just like you, but found long-term career opportunities at our 15 Distribution Centers across the country and our Corporate Headquarters. Our company is growing, and we would love to have you grow with us!
- Merchandise Discounts on Top Brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and thousands more!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
The Road Never Looked So Good with Ace!
Ace Hardware is looking for Professional Truck Drivers to make an impact and support our retailers with direct-to-store deliveries.
Come Drive with the Best! We give you the tools to succeed and be safe:
Delivery trailers are equipped with lift gates
When possible, Driver uses electric pallet jacks
Newer, well-maintained tractors and equipment
Company-paid HazMat Certification and DOT physicals
Our Truck Drivers work independently to provide superior customer service.
Home most nights and weekends - 95% of our drivers are home daily!
What you need to succeed
Minimum of 1 year class A tractor/trailer on-road driving experience or comparable experience with large military vehicles
In the past 1 year, maximum of one (1) minor moving violation
In the past 3 years, no suspensions or revocations and no convictions of reckless, careless, or hit and run driving
In the past 5 years, no conviction of DUI or DWI
Minimum age requirement 21 years
Valid CDL with hazardous material endorsement or 90 days to obtain
Must meet the physical qualification requirement established for the USDOT (Part 391, Subpart E)
Must pass DOT drug screen and be enrolled in a random drug screen program
Must read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand highway signs and signals, converse with delivery clients and general public, respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports/records
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual’s education, training and experience, the position’s work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written “Position Description” is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.